Here is what we do to keep the public grounds fresh and good-looking:
- Mow the median grass
- Weed and trim all plants on the median
- Plant new flowers and maintain the front flowerbed*
- Improve the median and flowerbed irrigation systems
- Refurbish the front sign
- Install protective bollards
- Acquire new trees and plants
- Protect and maintain our historic oak
- Clean out overgrown right-of-ways
Some of this work is hired out*; but most is done by a group of volunteers serving on the Landscaping Committee. If you would like to help keep our neighborhood good-looking, you might want to consider joining the committee. Bill Gallegos is its head and he is always looking for eager volunteers. You can contact him through our Contact form.
*Our flowerbed is maintained by: Simmons Solutions, LLC, 225-279-5730, Lawnguy9627@yahoo.com.